The Fall 2016 Fashion Week Minnesota calendar has been published! Some of the event information is still TBD, but save the date for September 15 - 25, 2016.
#fwmn was so fun, exhausting, and inspiring. Loved exploring the creativity and innovation in the #minnesota #fashion community and hope to stay more consistent with sharing what I discover on my blog. There are a lot of wonderfully talented people here that I support and I can't wait to show you why! #minneapolis #shoplocal #onlyinmn #madeinmn @fashionweekmn #fashionweekmm #minnesotafashion
What I’m most looking forward to:
1. Envision - Saturday, September 24
I haven’t missed an Envision show since Fall 2013, and the 10th anniversary show will be no exception. Envision showcases the current season collections from established designers as well as up-and-coming designers, with music and art pop ups before the show and at intermission.
2. MN Homme - Wednesday, Septeptember 21
The idea of MN Homme greatly excites me and I’m bummed to have missed the first one. Last year, local music acts and DJs not only performed, but walked the runway and/or hosted the show. It is no secret that my favorite place in Minneapolis is men's lifestyle boutique MartinPatrick3, and I love a well dressed man (Gossip Girl character Chuck Bass or Chef Marcus Samuelsson, anyone?). Looking forward to learning more about local menswear talents!
3. #IAMINSPIRED - Sunday, September 18
Event organizer and FWMN founder Sarah Edwards said, "We are all artists in some way. We have different jobs and titles, but we are all artists." to kick off last year's event. Guests were treated to live harp music and an art showcase, as well as a runway show featuring local boutiques. Making a runway debut at this year's production includes ethical fashion boutique Hazel & Rose.
Bonus - Minnstafashion - Thursday, September 15
I moved to Minnesota without really knowing anyone and met most of my friends here via social media or blogging, so I get excited about social media themed events. #Minnstafashion combines Minnesota fashion and social media with a pop up shop at a hotel lobby turned nightclub.
Of course, there are plenty of fashion events in the Twin Cities throughout the year that help support local businesses and artists.
Upcoming events include:
- August 18: The Volk Stopping Traffick magazine launch - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/stopping-traffick-magazine-launch-tickets-26317977780
- August 19-21: AK Collective and Cat Inspired Fall Fashion Weekend pop up at Second Debut - https://www.facebook.com/events/1759979960926194/
- August 24: RAW Artists Minneapolis REVEAL - http://www.rawartists.org/minneapolis/reveal
- Ongoing, weekly on Sundays: Minneapolis Craft Market - http://www.mplscraftmarket.com/